Sunday, October 21, 2012

24h Comic Day 2012

These past two days, I was in Weimar, participating in Schwarzer Turm's 24h Comic Day event. In case you don't know, the 24h Comic Day (as invented by Scott McCloud) is a day on which cartoonists all over the world spend 24 consecutive hours trying to draw at least 24 comic pages. It's a pretty tough challenge, but I finally decided to give it a try this year and joined Beetlebum, Doppeltim, Jeff Chi, Pete, Lapinot, Kathi, Yinfinity, Flausen-Ulf, and many others in Weimar to do this. And wouldn't you know it, I (and a few others) actually succeeded! I managed to write and draw a complete 24-page comic and even had some time to spare at the end. I'm not sure if the comic is actually any good (it's pretty weird and yucky), but it feels good to have made it, anyway.

It's going to take me a few days to scan and clean up all the pages, but until then, you can have a look at the complete comic as it hung on the wall shortly after I'd finished it: